My TPT Store

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Donors Choose

I have been MIA lately, I know...but for good reason! I just returned back to work two weeks ago after being on maternity leave. I loved every single second I spent at home with my baby girl, but it feels good to be back to work. I wanted to dedicate this post to a website that is near and dear to my heart...donorschoose.org If you're a teacher, im 99% sure you have heard of this amazing website. If not, you should go check it out ESPECIALLY if you are in a school similar to mine. Basically teachers submit "projects" asking for things for their classroom that are not in the school budget. In my case that is everything. I am in an inner city school with a 100% free and reduced lunch rate. Anyway, over the summer I put together FOUR projects. ALL FOUR of those projects were funded by anonymous donors with a little help from my friends and family members. We received new markers, colored pencils, crayons, dry erase boards and markers, pencils, pencil pouches, cardstock, a personal laminator, clipboards, a class set of headphones, construction paper, Kleenex, chart paper, AND MY FAVORITE... $500 worth of new books for our classroom library. Only about $30 came out of my own pocket and all that stuff listed above totaled to about two thousand dollars. Is that not the most AMAZING THING?! Donorschoose.org has no idea I'm writing this about them, I am no way affiliated with them. I just wanted to share with you just how awesome they are! My students lives were definitely changed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment